Books and Literature
For Readers with Vision Disabilities
- Colorado Talking Book Library – A free service to Coloradans of all ages who are unable to read standard print material due to visual, physical or learning disabilities. CTBL provides audio, Braille and large-print books and magazines.
- That All May Read – The National Library Service administers a free library program of braille and audio materials circulated to eligible borrowers in the U.S. by postage-free mail.
- Bookshare – The world’s largest collection of accessible titles. A free or low cost option for students and anyone who cannot read print books because of a visual impairment, physical disability or severe learning disability.
Book News and Reviews
Lists of Bestsellers
Book Awards – United States
- Colorado Book Award – Administered annually by the Colorado Center for the Book, honoring Colorado authors writing in a variety of categories.
- Edgar Award – Awarded by the Mystery Writers of America to honor the best fiction and nonfiction mystery writing.
- National Book Award – Five-member panels select the highest achievement in United States writing – Fiction, Nonfiction, Poetry, and Young People’s Fiction.
- National Book Critics Award – Awards from the best books and best reviews published in English.
- Romance Writers of America RITA Award – Awarded annually by a panel of members of the Romance Writers of America.
- Spur Award – Awarded annually by the Western Writers of America for distinguished writing about the American West.
- Governor General’s Literary Awards – From the Canadian Council for the Arts, awarded to Canadian literature in 14 different categories.
- The Man Booker Prize – Highlighting the best novel of the year, written by a citizen of the Commonwealth or the Republic of Ireland.
- Nobel Prize in Literature – International award administered by the Nobel Foundation in Stockholm, Sweden.
- Pulitzer Prize – Awarded at Columbia University each May for achievement in Fiction, Biography, Nonfiction, History, and Poetry.