Download a Good Book
Your library card is the ticket to accessing thousands of digital books 24/7. Download fiction or non fiction to read or listen to on your computer, laptop, eReader, tablet, smartphone, or audio device. Ebooks and audiobooks items return themselves automatically at the end of the check out period and you can place a hold on any item not immediately available to check out.
Click on the services below for step-by-step instructions and tutorials to walk you through the process. Stumped? Please contact us or stop by the library and our staff would be happy to help you get started.
Downloadable books and audiobooks for adults, teens, and children.
Watch, listen, and read at your computer to favorite and award-winning picture books and chapter books. Choose English, Spanish, or French. Not downloadable, but you can create an account and save your favorites.
Websites for Free eBooks, Audio & Video
- Baen Free Library – Free ebooks from science fiction and fantasy publisher Baen Books
- Bartleby.com – Harvard classics, reference texts, historic essays, poetry, and other literary works
- Bibliomania – Thousands of ebooks: classics, poems, short stories, plays, and reference works
- Ebooks @Adelaide University – Classics and other historic texts
- The Internet Archive – Access to historic and contemporary audio, music, and digitized video collections
- Internet Public Library – Connect to a variety of ebook collections (fiction, non fiction, textbooks)
- Librivox – Public domain books recorded by volunteers and available for online listening
- MIT OpenCourseWare – Online college-level textbooks featuring science, engineering, and technology subjects
- National Jukebox – Historical Recordings from the Library of Congress
- Open Book Library – Public domain ebooks to download or read online, plus an open e-lending library of modern works
- PBS American Experience – Watch full length episodes online
- Project Gutenberg – Over 46,000 free ebooks to download or read online